How to Connect AirPods to HP Laptop – 4 Methods
There’s no denying that Apple’s AirPods are the best-looking and most comfortable truly wireless earbuds around. They’re also pretty easy to pair with your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Read Also:10 Best Mini Dv Camcorder
But what about Windows 10 laptops? If you have an HP laptop with Bluetooth and want to use AirPods instead of wired earbuds or Beats headphones, here are the four best ways to do it.
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 laptop via Bluetooth
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer and click the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click Settings > Devices, then click Bluetooth & other devices (or just ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ if you’re using a Windows 10 Mobile phone).
- Click Add Bluetooth or another device, then tap on AirPods (if they’re not there, try restarting your computer).
- If they still don’t appear after restarting, try pairing them with your headset again by pressing and holding down their pairing button until they turn white and blink rapidly; this indicates that they’re in pairing mode—on an iPhone or iPad you can do this by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning on ‘Show My Paired Devices’. When attempting to connect to them via Windows 10 for the first time it may take several seconds for recognition (as long as ten seconds) because these steps aren’t instantaneous like on Apple products where everything happens instantly when you press the buttons or icon related to connecting/pairing something else through Bluetooth connection.
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 laptop without Bluetooth
If you have an iPhone, start by connecting your AirPods to the phone. If you don’t have an iPhone, skip this step and move on to the next one.
Once that’s done, connect your iPhone to your Windows 10 laptop via Bluetooth. On Windows 10 laptops, this can be accomplished by going into Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or wireless device and selecting “iPhone” as the device type.
If no software is installed on your computer for detecting Bluetooth devices (like Apple’s own macOS), then go here instead: https://www.apple.com/bluetooth/.
Once detected by Windows 10, open up Control Panel (or Start Menu) and expand “Bluetooth & other devices,” then right-click on “Apple Mobile Device Service.” Select Properties from the dropdown menu that appears underneath it (or just double-click on Apple Mobile Device Service).
Click on Discoverable Mode within the Properties window; then click OK when prompted about turning off discoverability mode after 30 seconds of not using AirPods again after being connected with a PC/MacOSX machine for the first time?
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC using the Settings menu
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Type Bluetooth in the search box and click on it.
- Open Bluetooth and click on Add Bluetooth or other device to start scanning for your AirPods.
- When you see AirPods appear, select it and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC using the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel
- Open the Device Manager (search for “Device Manager” in Cortana)
- Find the device that you want to pair with and right-click on it, then select “Add legacy hardware”
- Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” and click Next
- Click Have Disk, browse to where you downloaded AirPods drivers on your computer, select it and then click OK
If you’re enjoying the AirPods, then you might want to know how to connect them to your Windows 10 laptop. We’ve outlined four different methods here and they’re all easy to follow. You can start by trying out Bluetooth or using the Settings menu on your laptop, but if neither of those work then you’ll have no choice but use the Control Panel or Control Panel