How to turn on Philips TV Without Remote – 3 Methods
Philips televisions are known for their great picture quality and sleek designs. However, sometimes it’s not easy to turn on your Phillips TV without the remote control.
Read Also:10 Best Mini DV Camcorder
This can be especially true if you have recently moved or misplaced your original remote control. Luckily, there are several ways that you can power up your Phillips TV without using a remote—and they only take minutes!
Method 1 – using philips tv remote code
- Find the Philips tv remote code
The Philips tv remote code can be found on the back of your device or in its user manual. There are many different ways to find this code, so just try one of these methods:
- Look on the back of your television or inside its original box (if you still have it).
- The remote code is located under “SETUP” or “SETTINGS” menu options, which should be easy to find if you’re looking for them on your TV’s menu system.
Method 2 – Use the remote control app
You can use the remote control app to turn on your TV, change channels and volume, as well as perform other functions.
To do this:
- Install the Philips remote control app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Pair your smartphone or tablet with the set-top box (STB). You’ll need to enter a code which is displayed on screen when you follow these steps –  Power on STB and  Access Settings > Network > Set up TV account & pairing (click here for more info). Then connect via WiFi network, and click Continue button below until pairing succeeds.
- Once paired, open the mobile application and select “Control my Device”.
Method 3 – using factory reset
If you are unable to log in and find yourself without a remote, this method will be helpful. Resetting your TV back to factory settings is possible on most Philips TVs as long as they are still under warranty. In order to do this, you will need to use one of the following methods:
- Turn on your TV and press the “Menu” button repeatedly until you see an option called “Factory Reset.” Select that option and follow any instructions given by the TV.
- Pressing “Menu” button repeatedly until you see an option called “Factory reset” or “Restore factory settings” or something similar should suffice for most models of Philips TVs.
That’s it! You should now be able to turn on your philips tv. Please remember that the steps may differ slightly depending on which model of TV you have, but these are the most common ways to power up a Philips remote-free.