How to Turn on Vizio TV Without Remote
So your remote is lost and you need to turn on your Vizio tv. Whether it’s a TV, laptop, or desktop computer, there are several ways that you can turn on your device without using the remote.
1. Try another Remote
- Try a different remote.
- If you’re trying to turn on your Vizio TV, chances are remote isn’t working. There are a few different things that could be going wrong: You may have lost the remote, it might not be in range or it could just need new batteries. Try another remote if possible, like one that came with your cable box or DVD player (if you have one).
- Press Power on the back of the TV itself. This only works if there are no more than two inches between your hand and where you’re pressing on the back of the TV case! If this doesn’t work, try lifting up slightly and pressing again while making sure both hands remain flat against each other and don’t touch any other part of your body while doing so!
2. Find a Replacement Vizio TV Remote
If the Vizio remote is not responding, it could be that the batteries are dead. If this is the case, you will need to find a replacement Vizio TV remote and put in new batteries.
Read Also:10 Best Step Down Transformer
If your TV is still under warranty and you want to use it without having to pay an expensive repair bill, follow these steps:
- Go to the Vizio website and look up your TV model number or enter it into the search bar at their homepage. You should find a list of remotes for sale along with corresponding codes for each one. Note that some models may require different codes than others because of hardware differences between them—check carefully before purchasing anything!
3. Use Your Smartphone as a Remote
You can also use your smartphone to control your Vizio TV. This is a great option if you already have a smartphone with the app needed to control the TV. It’s also useful if you don’t have a remote, but still want to be able to turn on and off your TV without getting up from the couch.
To do this, simply download an app that has a remote function for Vizio TVs (or other brands). There are several apps available that allow you to use your phone as a remote control device:
- Universal Remotes: These apps allow users to program all of their home entertainment devices into one easy-to-use interface. This way, they don’t have multiple remotes lying around cluttering up their coffee tables and end tables!
- Universal Remote Apps: Some universal remotes come with companion apps that let users easily control their devices remotely through their phones or tablets.
4. Reset Your Vizio TV
If the other methods haven’t worked, you can try resetting your TV to factory settings. This will erase all of your settings, so make sure you have a backup of any important files on an external drive or cloud storage service before proceeding. Also, make sure that your TV is unplugged from the power source and both cables are disconnected before continuing with this step!
Once again, press and hold down the power button until it powers off and then back on again (if this doesn’t work right away, try it again).
To turn on a Vizio TV without a remote, use the method that works best for you. If you don’t want to go out and buy a replacement remote, try using your smartphone as a replacement. If you can’t find a substitute or don’t have access to one, resetting the TV might be the best option.